Work in progress
Updated May 2, 2016
I love to de-junk. It is one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy the satisfaction that comes from eliminating the clutter from my home. I sort all my junk into 5 categories:
- Stuff that can be sold locally or on Ebay.
- Stuff that will qualify for a tax deduction by donating it to a non-profit thrift store.
- Stuff that will be recycled and reincarnated into something else.
- Stuff that can be composted.
- Stuff that will rot for eternity in a land-fill.
In the years since my (almost) religious conversion to recycling, the amount of waste junk that makes it to the trash has gone down by more than 80%. My family of 6 can go 3 weeks before our single, black city garbage bin is full. The recycling bin is now overflowing every other week.
Almost everything can be recycled.
It’s almost a challenge or game now to see what can I do with this other stuff so that it doesn’t have to be wasted.